Arduino is a widely used chipset in almost every device (iPhone, Android phone, car, microwave, etc). The course is project based – students make real artifacts using our Arduino board, Circuit Playground Express. They will design a product of their preference, and write codes (in makecode format by Microsoft) to control the sensors from the circuit board. The board provides lighting, sound, clickable buttons, and sound/light/temperature/accelerometer sensors. In the beginning, students start with block-based programming environment provided by Microsoft. Then we will transition into formal Python programming environment using Circuit Python.
Audience: 6-8th graders
A few highlights of the class:
- Using imaginations to tinker a real product.
- Easy to use programming interface that is expandable to python code.
- A fun environment that cultivates computational thinking.
- Collaboration and team building.
- Start with block-based coding class, and will be transitioned into circuit python for real python coding experience.